Thursday, January 27, 2005

Song translation 2:The cure

I’ll protect you from fears of every fear,

From chaos you’ll meet in your way from today on

From injustice and tricks of your days

From failures you’ll attract just by nature.

I’ll lift you up from pains and changes in your mood

From your mania obsessions
I’ll overcome gravity flows,

Space and light,

So you’ll never get old.
And you’ll recover from any illness,

As you are special,

And I’ll take care of you.
I was wondering among Tennessee fiedls,

(don’t know how I did arrive there)

Don’t you have white flowers for me,

My dreams cross the sea

Faster than me.

I’ll bring you silence and patience above all,

We’ll go together across the road sto essence

Love perfumes will drive our bodies crazy,
August calm will not calm our senses.
I’ll weave your hair as songlines,

I know the world laws,

and I’ll give it to you as a present.
I’ll overcome gravity flows,

Space and light,

So you’ll never get old.
I’ll save you from the blues
as you’re special and I’ll take care of you,

Just me, I’ll take care of you

(from the italian La cura, Battiato)

No comments: